Phew! What a crazy past few weeks! Bringing in September with a bang was definitely amazing! Now back to reality :).
I made this recipe for a brunch party we had at work for one of our co-workers’ birthday. It was the first time I decided to make a breakfast pizza and surprisingly… of course… it turned out amazing!
I had a little help from the store – I used the pre – made pizza dough by Pillsbury. But not just any pre-made dough. I find that the thin crust one specifically makes for a nicer crust than the regular crust pre-made dough. The cook time is shorter and it is much easier to eat and not too heavy on the stomach!
I also took help from Field Roast and their tofu products. I love all of the flavors, but the most popular one you’ll find in all my dishes is the chipotle flavor sausage links! You can find these at any Whole Foods or any grocery store usually.
I also used one last fun ingredient – Habanero cheese! Yes you heard me right! This extra secret ingredient that took this dish over the top!
Ok I won’t make you wait any longer. Here’s the recipe for this super yummy dish!
Ingredients for Breakfast Pizza:
- 1 tablespoon of oil of your choice
- 1/2 box of baby red potatoes diced
- 1 Medium size Vidalia Onion diced
- 1 Green pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon of garlic paste OR 3 cloves of fresh garlic diced
- 2 Field Roast Sausage links diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 pack of asparagus cut into thirds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of Garam masala powder (you can find this at the indian store! If you can’t for any reason the combination of cumin powder and coriander powder will do just fine as well! Use about 3/4 teaspoon of each!)
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper (for the eggs)
- 1 package of Habanero cheese
- 1 package of Thin Crust Pillsbury Pizza Crust
Directions for Breakfast Pizza:
- Keep dough out and get to room temperature before use so that it will roll out easier!
- In a medium sized pot, add in the oil and add in the onions.
- Allow them to sweat for about 3 minutes or until translucent. Add in green peppers, potatoes, garlic and salt.
- Cover with lid and allow it to cook and soften for about 20 minutes.
- Add in Spices: garam masala, black pepper, and cayenne pepper
- Cook for another 10 minutes until slightly crunchy. Let it cool completely.
- In another medium size pan, add in the sausage diced pieces and fry it until brown and crunchy.
- As this is cooking, pre-heat oven to 400 deg F. Spread out pizza dough on a pre-greased sheet pan.
- One trick: poke the crust with a fork to avoid a bubbly crust!
- Cook the dough for about 5 minutes.
- Take the cookie sheet out and put the habanero cheese as the bottom layer.
- Add on the potato mixture and the field roast sausage and spread evenly.
- Make three divets in the pizza and carefully break three eggs
- On Eggs, sprinkle salt and crushed red pepper
- Bake for about 20 -30 minutes (depending on how runny you like your eggs!)
PS – HERE IS A BONUS RECIPE WITH MAJORITY OF THE SAME INGREDIENTS TO LOOK FORWARD TO! 🙂
Breakfast Quiche coming soon!