This dish was one of those experimental dishes that I made one day when I had a bunch of vegetables that were about to go bad and well… was craving noodles!
I have used curry powder in so many dishes, but this one was my all time favorite!
Here’s a mixture of the curry powder and more spices that are listed below!
And of course, here’s a picture of all the vegetables! Don’t they look pretty??
And these are the egg noodles that I used for the dish!
Okay, I won’t let you all drool any longer, here’s the recipe for these one pot thai curry noodles!
Ingredients for the One Pot Thai Curry Noodles
- One 16 oz can of Light coconut milk
- 16 oz can of water (fill the coconut milk can with water and just pour it in!)
- Your Favorite cooking spray
- 3 shallots diced
- 1 teaspoon of ginger/garlic paste
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced (if you want it spicier, just keep the seeds in!)
- 2 portobello mushrooms caps diced
- 1 cup of frozen lima beans
- 1 cup of eggplant diced
- 1 cup of diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup of bamboo strips (canned)
- 1/2 cup of water chestnuts (canned)
- 2 cups of quick cooking egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- Salt to Taste
Directions to make One Pot Thai Curry Noodles
- Spray a medium sauce pan at the bottom
- Add in ginger garlic paste, and shallots.
- Cook them for about 3-4 minutes
- Add in the green pepper, eggplant, mushroom caps, and lima beans.
- Allow the vegetables to become soft. Cook them for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in coconut milk and water (just fill up the empty can with water and pour it in!)
- Allow the mixture to simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the spices and soy sauce into the pot.
- Allow it to simmer for another 10 minutes or until the mixture boils.
- Add in the egg noodles and allow the noodles to cook until soft (takes about 3-5 minutes)
- Add in salt to taste (if needed).