This recipe was one of those on the whim type recipes and of course… when things are starting to go bad in the house, as usual, I have to figure out a way to use them all! I am such a bad shopper sometimes – I just love vegetables so much that I tend to over shop for them and expect that I’ll use them all… and then I end up in situations where I need to work fast! (Which is also the reason to what I give half my creativity credit to :)).
I made this recipe with my Tandoori Vegetables on the side (Recipe here). The combination of both was just beyond me and I did not expect them to marry so well! I actually made the greek yogurt dip to use on the side, but then I just decided to make a quick penne pasta instead with the dip!
But I do have to say – I never imagined using greek yogurt with pasta! Although it would be a great base for a white sauce as well, but it was phenomenal!
Ingredients for Greek Dip/Sauce
- 2 cups greek yogurt (I used the fat free one)
- 1/4 cup of milk OR 1/4 cup of water (whatever you choose will taste great regardless!)
- 1 jalapeno with seeds (you can take out seeds if you don’t like spice!)
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 teaspoon of cracked black pepper
- 2 cups of penne pasta cooked (Or any pasta of your choice)
- Salt to taste
- Optional: 1/2 cup of Habanero cheese grated
Directions for Greek Dip/Sauce
- Follow directions on the pasta box to prepare Penne Pasta or any pasta of your choice! Cook fully
- In a blender, add in greek yogurt, milk or water, jalapeno, cilantro, black pepper, and salt and blend all ingredients together.
- Add in the sauce to the hot pasta, mix and serve!
- Optional: you can grate some Habanero cheese for the top!
- Eat with Tandoori veggies on the side!