I’m just going to name this post Tandoori because this versatile Indian spice is so grand on anything!
Here’s the Tandoori Masala I used. Feel free to use any brand you like from the Indian grocery store! I chose to make grilled tandoori vegetables with a side of Greek Yogurt Pasta as well as Tandoori veggie pizza! This post will be devoted to the tandoori vegetables and the pizza recipe as well as the pasta recipe can be found separately this week!
I made this recipe the day before of when I wanted to make the dish because the more the vegetables marinate in the tandoori, the better the taste is!
I learned a similar marinade version for meats from a family friend of mine, but I made this vegetarian friendly because I don’t eat meat! It was JUST AS GOOD, because I’ve made my meat eater friends try this as well!
Ingredients for Tandoori Marinade + Vegetables
- 3 small golden potatoes
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 2 medium size red onions
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1/2 large eggplant
- 1 package of whole white mushrooms (don’t get the sliced!)
- 1/2 green zucchini
- 1/2 yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons of Tandoori spice
- 2 tablespoons of Garam Masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder (you can tone it down or tone it up according to your taste!)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 1/2 cups of Greek yogurt – enough to coat the vegetables depending on how big of veggies you find at the market that day!
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons of Cilantro chopped
Directions to make marinade:
- Chop all veggies to about 1 inch in width (enough to withstand grilling!).
- Put all veggies in a large mixing bowl (like I have).
- Put all spices as well as greek yogurt, cilantro and lime juice.
- Mix well and put in fridge overnight.
- Enjoy the next day by either baking the veggies on a grilling sheet for about 30-40 minutes or grilling the veggies on skewers! 🙂
Here are some pictures of the dishes to look forward to!