This healthy snack was something I came up with ever since I’ve been trying to eat healthier! This four bean salad was something I wanted to supplement with lunch to add more protein into my diet. The four beans I used are black beans, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and cannellini beans. I’ve had this combination of beans probably once before – in our beloved Italian dish, Minestrone soup and now in this dish!
I made a very simple dressing with spices and olive oil as well as some lime juice… SO GOOD!
I added half the dressing to the bottom of the bowl and then added in the beans! Don’t they look so pretty together?
I then drizzled the rest of the dressing on the top and voila!
I promise this quick snack is worth it!
Ingredients for 4 bean salad:
- 1 12-oz can of Kidney Beans
- 1 12-oz can of Garbanzo Beans
- 1 12-oz can of Cannellini Beans
- 1 12-oz can of Black Beans
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- Add all ingredients of dressing into a bowl and mix together and set aside.
- Open up all the canned beans (brand of your choice!) and make sure to strain out the preservative juice and wash thoroughly.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in half the dressing and add in the beans.
- Mix the ingredients together. Add in the other half of the dressing. And mix thoroughly.
- Put in your favorite tupperware, refrigerate, and marinate overnight!
- Enjoy the next day! 🙂