This dish is SO GOOD and was a huge hit at my work potluck! I used a secret ingredient in here again and everyone thought that I had added meat in this pot… WHEN I DID NOT!
The secret ingredient? Field Roast Chipotle Sausage Links! (They are vegetarian) :). These soy based sausage links are SO good and so flavorful that it is worth putting in any pasta OR even eating as a hotdog!
Here’s a few pictures from the cooking process:
Don’t these peppers look so pretty?
Then add mushrooms and spices and more goodness 🙂
Add milk, pasta, cheese and voila! There you go! 🙂
Ingredients for Fajita Pasta:
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 lb of Wheat Penne Pasta
- 1 teaspoon of crushed fresh garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 large red onion
- 1 1/2 cups of bella mushrooms
- 6 cups of 2% milk
- 1 cup of water
- 4 Field Roast Chipotle Sausage Links
- 1 tablespoon of Mexican Oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 2 cups of Mexican blend cheese
- Salt to taste
Directions to make Fajita pasta:
- Put the a little bit of oil in a large pasta pot.
- Add in onions and garlic. Cook for a few minutes. Add in peppers and mushrooms, spices, and cover. Allow all veggies to cook for 10 minutes.
- In a separate pan, cut sausage links into rounds and fry in a little bit of oil until brown.
- Add in milk and water into the peppers and onion pot and bring to a boil. Add in sausage.
- Add in the Pasta and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add in cheese.
- Top with cilantro and/or jalapeños and serve!