This is another one pot wonder! And probably a new favorite of mine. I made this with the fact that I still had some of that wonderful pepper sauce that I made a bunch of (recipe here) and the fact that I’m obsessed with enchiladas ALWAYS, just makes this dish so much more fun! This one pot is super healthy AND super tasty! Whenever you want a warm bowl of something, this is a great dish to turn to for comfort!
I’ve actually also added it onto tacos tortillas and that was a great alternative as well!
Ingredients for Enchilada Quinoa
- 2 teaspoons of Olive Oil
- 1 cup quinoa cooked (Cook following the directions of the quinoa of your choice)
- 1 15 oz can of black beans
- 1 cup of diced mushrooms
- 1 Vidalia onion diced
- 1 spoon of garlic paste
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 1 Field roast sausage link diced (Mexican chipotle flavor if you can find it! But any soy product of your choice will be great!)
- 1 cup of pepper sauce
- 1 15 oz can of Red Enchilada sauce
- 1 10 oz can of corn
- 2 sprigs of green onions
- 1/2 cup of Mexican cheese blend
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder (for the brave :))
- Salt to taste
- Garnish: Guacamole Salsa and Greek Yogurt
- Optional: 1 Jalapeño sliced
- In a medium sauce pan, add in the oil and Field roast sausage link and allow it to fry for a few minutes.
- Add in onion, garlic, mushrooms, and green pepper and allow the ingredients to fry for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add in beans and corn as well as the enchilada sauce, pepper sauce and allow it to cook together for about 5 more minutes
- Add in the cooked quinoa and garnish with cheese, green onions, guacamole salsa and greek yogurt! (optional: jalapeños)
- ENJOY 🙂