Merry Christmas everyone! Since there was no snow on the ground last year for us, I decided to make these for our family gathering and they were a hit! These melting snowmen are so adorable and yummy that you definitely can’t stop yourself from eating more than one!
Here’s a little poem to go along with these snowmen:
This is a rhyme
For Christmas time
Since there’s no snow…
All these snowmen say hello!
(It’s lame..I know )
Merry Christmas yo!
Ingredients for Snowmen Truffles:
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies (regular size), finely crushed
- 16 oz. vanilla and chocolate meltable chocolate, melted (can be found at any craft store)
- 48 Mini OREO Bite Size Cookies
- Blue gel
- Orange gel
- Black gel
- Mini Oreos
Directions for Snowmen Truffles:
- Crush the Oreos first and then added the cream cheese that was brought to room temperature. I used a food processor for the Oreos and the cream cheese. Mix until well blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls; place in single layer on a cookie sheet. Freeze for at least 20 minutes.
- Dip balls in melted coating using a fork to coat the truffle balls. Place in shallow waxed paper-lined cookie sheet, allowing excess coating to pool at bottom of each ball. This gives it the melted snowmen look!
- Chill balls until coating is set in the refrigerator for at least another 20 minutes.
- Decorate with frosting gels as shown in photo. Every one of the snowmen turns out unique and that is what makes them so special!
- Use a little bit of the melted chocolate bark (Apply with a toothpick or the back of the spoon) to stick on the Mini Oreo hats.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.