It was snowy and stormy outside last week. We ended up getting so much snow dumped on us! I couldn’t go out to the grocery store (everything was covered in snow and unplowed roads equals a huge no for me for leaving my house) to get the ingredients I actually wanted for a pizza, but I still had some random vegetables at home…so naturally…I threw them all together! Boom! This is probably one of my favorite dishes to date! No filter necessary when the pizza looks that good! 🙂
Ingredients for the pizza:
- 10 brussel sprouts sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 table spoons balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 shallots
- 1/2 sweet potato diced
- Broccoli florets
- 6 sun dried tomatoes diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- **Optional: 2 Serrano peppers
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Ready made pizza crust (pick your favorite! I.e. Digiornios crust, etc)
Ingredients for the white sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 to cup of mozzarella (depending on how cheesy you want the sauce!)
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
- Salt to taste
Directions for white sauce:
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter and add the flour. Make a rue and allow for the flour to cook for about a minute or two.
- Add the milk and simmer. Once thicker consistency, add the cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, and crushed red pepper.
- Set aside to cool.
Directions for Brussel Sprouts:
- In a medium sauce pan, add about a teaspoon of oil of your choice and add the sliced Brussels sprouts.
- Add the salt, garlic paste and balsamic vinegar
- **Optional: half a teaspoon of crushed red pepper for spice!
- Fry until a good char is on the Brussels Sprouts!
To assemble the pizza:
- Spread the white sauce all over the pizza crust of your choice.
- Add the veggies (brussels sprouts, shallots, sun dried tomatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli, red bell pepper, Serrano peppers.
- Top with cheese
- Bake at 350 deg F for about 17 – 20 minutes, depending on the crust and until sweet potatoes are fork tender. Put on Broil for about 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is brownish and bubbling.