This year’s Superbowl Sunday is approaching fast! Last year, my roommate and I were sitting warmly under covers waiting eagerly for the game to begin. We had ordered pizza…which never got delivered. WHY? Because Chicago had a huge snow storm and it was merely impossible to get to us.
So naturally… I went to the kitchen, opened our fridge… and yelled out random grocery items in our unstocked fridge. We were definitely not ready for a storm!
I stopped and held up a head of cauliflower to her and thought…ok…so what can I do with that? I had randomly come across a blog post a while back about hot chicken wings…so I decided… why not? Let’s make Cauliflower Wings!
Cauliflower wings… my tummy has never been happier and they were the right amount of spice!
SO YUMMMMMYYYY 🙂
- 1 medium size head of cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 bottle of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce for Wings – (I believe this is the only brand that I found with no meat ingredients!)
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) of butter (low fat/non fat/I can’t believe it’s not butter/etc.)
—For Batter —
- 1 cup of brown rice flour (you may use more depending on size of cauliflower)
- 1/2 – 1 cup water – looking for a consistency of pancake batter
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of cajun seasoning (any brand you like)
- Salt to taste
- For more heat: 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper 🙂
Greek Yogurt and Feta Dip
- 1 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients (brown rice flour, water, garlic powder, salt, cajun seasoning) for batter in a mixing bowl.
- Coat the bite size cauliflower florets and put on a baking sheet lightly greased with non stick spray. Bake coated cauliflower florets for approximately 15 minutes at 450ºF.
- In another bowl, combine the Frank’s Wing sauce and the butter.
- Once 15 minutes have passed, take out florets and coat them lightly with the hot sauce mixture and place back on the baking sheet lightly greased again with non-stick cooking spray
- Bake for 25 more minutes at 450ºF or until crispy
- For Dip: combine in a dip bowl the yogurt, salt, lemon juice, feta cheese and black pepper.
- Enjoy and don’t burn your tongue! 🙂